Friday, February 19, 2010

T.Y.G.F.W.M.A.W........


Thank you God for we made another week! We hope everyone is doing well. We hope everyone has an awesome weekend filled with lots of natural learning!

 But for our family the schooling is still going well. We are doing make up work for Jon-Jon on Saturday! Here is our Today's Goals the girls did for today we will finish tomorrow what we didn't get to toady with Jon-Jon! We are still learning Attentiveness. It is very important the kids understand that attentiveness is very important for learning. God expects us to be good listeners so we can understand his word and life in general.

We went to a meeting for Girl Scouts. The girls are so excited. I have decided to be a troop leader. God guide me to be the best Leader I may be! I feel it will be ok As long as I can get at least 3 more girls and a Co-leader. Until we have this we wont be considered a troop. But we do have a troop number!  We actually have a number. Hip Hip Hooray! 
Our Troop 463 

The Mission Statement for Girl Scouts is:
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.

The Girl Scouts law:
I will do my best to be honest and fair, friendly and helpful, considerate and caring, courageous and strong, and responsible for what I say or do.
And to:
respect myself and others respect authority, use resources wisely, make the world a better place, and be a big sister to every Girl Scout.

The Girl Scout promise:
On my honor,
I will try: To serve God and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law.

The Girl Scout Motto:
"Be Prepared"

I know I have mentioned Jon-Jon is in Boy Scouts.  I really don't know much when it comes to Boy Scouts. I know this Troop 119 is very active into hiking and camping right up my Husbands and sons ally. They went on a 5 mile hike a couple of Saturdays ago. They loved it. They are supposed to be going on on a week hike in May. They are so excited really I can not tell you who is more excited Thomas or Jon-Jon. They are trying to figure out how to get all the hiking and camping gear they will need. It is such a great wholesome program. Also that is a sweet victory is that most of the boys in Troop 119 are home schooled how cool is that!

Boy Scout Oath or Promise
On my honor, I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country and obey the Scout Law,
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

Boy Scouts Law:
A Scout is:
  • Trustworthy,
  • Loyal,
  • Helpful,
  • Friendly,
  • Courteous,
  • Kind,
  • Obedient,
  • Cheerful,
  • Thrifty,
  • Brave,
  • Clean,
  • and Reverent.
Boy Scout Motto:
"Be Prepared"

Boy Scout Slogan:
Do a Good Turn Daily!
The Outdoor Code:
As an American, I will do my best to -
Be clean in my outdoor manners
Be careful with fire
Be considerate in the outdoors, and
Be conservation minded.

 To think these are all things we are instilling in our children I feel we are making a very good choice adding these into our lives.  I just pray I can handle the response ability that comes with it. But how could I not try for my daughters who have so longed to be apart of a great group.  It is amazing how we do things as a parent because it makes our children happy and want to be apart.

"Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young."
- Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments it helps us make our Blogging better! It's like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get!