Thursday, February 25, 2010

Maintain low TONES!!!!

Our house was exceptionally loud today. I can remember my parents saying to my brothers and I and also my children "Maintain Low Tones" And it stuck with me. So much better then telling them to be quit or when your at the point of saying SHUT UP!!!! So I found myself saying maintain low tones please and use our listing ears! Everyone made it unscathed and in one piece. YAY    

This week seems to be like a rerun because everyday we have started our schooling late. But we were still successful in getting our Today's Goals finished! It was a little shaky with Jon-Jon but I guess he is allowed to have bad days even if it happens most of the day. But we still finished our goals. Even though we had a lot of me saying Maintain low tone and please us your listening ears.

Today the kids learned and did a neat art project on clouds. First we looked up what they looked like and went outside to see what type of clouds we had in our sky.  We learned that there are three main type of clouds are Cumulus, Stratus, Cirrus!
 Cumulus: In Latin, this means "heap."  Cumulus clouds look like a heap of cotton balls or whipped cream.

Stratus: It's Latin for "covering" or "blanket."  Stratus clouds look like a flat blanket in the sky.
Cirrus: It's Latin for "curl."  Cirrus clouds look like curls of white hair.

Here in the great state of Louisiana we had STRATUS clouds! Then we came in and they each got blue construction paper and cotton balls and glue. The kids had fun trying to make clouds now mind you it wasn't as easy as you think. But they are proud! Jon-Jon did not want to be in picture guess he thought closing his eyes would be the same. I don't see you so you don't see me. Ok I forgot for second he is 14 years old and it is just a I am to cool for this picture! Jon-Jon just Laughed and said "I can't believe you said that". My response was oh I can with evil grin..
Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the and the blind can see Mark Twain quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments it helps us make our Blogging better! It's like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get!