Monday, December 20, 2010

What the season is about!


We are down to the last week before Christmas. Well for first time ever in my adult life I have everything wrapped and ready. Those of you who know me know I am so bad at keeping secrets this is so hard not letting kids open the gifts or giving hints. WOW I know where my 5 year old gets it. I never thought I would say or even think that. 


As easy as it is to get consumed buy material things! We need to focus on what the true meaning of CHRISTMAS is and it is not just receiving but the giving! Jesus was ultimately given to us he is our true gift and we need to make sure we focus on him. My family and I have started a tradition a couple of years back! We make Jesus a birthday cake. We decorate it and sing Happy birthday to our Savior. 

Teaching children traditions is such an awesome time of being together. It is something we take as a child up in our adult lives. I pray my children will keep doing the things we do now and when they are grown and have families of their own they include the same ones as well as make there own. Isn't that what makes family?!

Here is something I try to get my children to always remember. Try to give something back even if it is a smile or how are you? or I am praying for you, have a great day and so one. You never know when you may make someones day worth while. This is one of the most depressing times of the year for some people. The statistics say there is more suicides then any other time of year. So it is up to us to always make sure to give back. You never know you maybe saving someones life! Merry Christmas and God Bless you all! =)

                                Thank you for stopping by,


Luke 2:9-12
And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with fear. (10) And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy that will be for all the people. (11) For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. (12) And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.”

 I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. ~Charles Dickens

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments it helps us make our Blogging better! It's like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get!