Wednesday, March 31, 2010

We say good bye to March!

Today is the last day of March 2010! We have had a couple of weeks we ended up turning into slow days meaning we took a break! We start back to school April 5th for our next 12 weeks! The kids are excited to see what we will venture in this time.

We are following a dear friends Schedule of schooling! Thank you so much Michelle (holistic Homeschooler) for being our Mentor MOM.. You are an awesome woman I really have enjoyed learning many things from you! Go visit her link and see what we will be doing this term!

I believe it is our Job to help our children to want to keep learning after they have finished doing there studies. I feel if my children stop enjoying or loving to explore gain Knowledge when we are done with our studies then I feel I have failed them. I feel it is our duty to help our children to want to learn to grow and become anything they want to and be and able to keep thriving to learn new things. To be successful!  Knowledge is POWER!!

As we get back in our daily and schooling goals I will BLOG more often. Life has been so busy and pulled me in many different directions. I am excited to slow down and smell the beautiful eduction we are going to explore as we head back to our new TERM!



Three passions have governed my life:
The longings for love, the search for knowledge,
And unbearable pity for the suffering of [humankind].
Love brings ecstasy and relieves loneliness.
In the union of love I have seen
In a mystic miniature the prefiguring vision
Of the heavens that saints and poets have imagined.
With equal passion I have sought knowledge.
I have wished to understand the hearts of [people].
I have wished to know why the stars shine.
Love and knowledge led upwards to the heavens,
But always pity brought me back to earth;
Cries of pain reverberated in my heart
Of children in famine, of victims tortured
And of old people left helpless.
I long to alleviate the evil, but I cannot,
And I too suffer.
This has been my life; I found it worth living. 
adapted


Bertrand Russell: The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge.



                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments it helps us make our Blogging better! It's like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get!