Saturday, November 13, 2010

V for Veterans!



We really talked and read a lot of what Veterans Day really means. We found out that a lot of people really do not understand what Veterans day is. Well learned it is not just for the Vets who have served and died for our country. I found it really odd that there is so many who don't understand. There is another Holiday for it and that is called Memorial Day. Veterans day is for those living and who have and still are serving in our Military!

My family in it's self has a lot of family and friends who have and who are serving! We made Thank You cards for them. The kids really enjoyed making something special to give back. In Makenzee's words this isn't much of nothing Momma they gave us freedom and we give them paper! I explained that it's the thinking about and telling that counts! Here is what they choose for inside of card!
  
May the LORD now show you kindness and faithfulness, and I too will show you the same favor because you have done this. 
2 Samuel 2:6  
Thank you so much for serving our country! If it wasn’t for Americans like you we wouldn’t be able to enjoy our freedom!

 Hugs from us,
                       Jon, Makenzee, Lileigh and Abbigale

 We also read a couple of neat books here are 2 the girls really enjoyed What is Veterans day? By: Margot Parker and The Veterans Day Visitor By: Catalanotto & Pamela Schembri.  In closing we had a very stressful week when it came to Jon-Jon but over all it has turned out successful! Thank you Lord for your growing love.
God Bless
 
 It is God's will that by doing good you should silence the
ignorant talk of foolish men. Live as free men, but do not use your
freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God.
   -- 1 Peter 2:15-16

I think there is one higher office than president and I would call that patriot.  ~Gary Hart

4 comments:

  1. Love the cartoons. I read the story "The Wall" to my kids and choked up during the reading. My father in law served during WWII and my dad in Vietnam so I want my kids to understand what the day means. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, love the "V" Veteran's Day graphic. "V"ery cool. lol Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by. Yes Veterans day is very important in our house as well! I love pictures helps make my post homey or interesting because as you can tell I am not much of a writer..Please keep coming back and leaving me comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are quite a few people who forget the difference. Great post.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments it helps us make our Blogging better! It's like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get!