Tuesday, March 2, 2010

If only we could rewind

Well We didn't get to start schooling until later then usual. I had to go to Doctor Appointment that was scheduled back in December. After being poked and prodded by the doctor I was ready for lunch! And let the destruction begin.

Well Jon-Jon had a meltdown first time in long time. Guess the Honey moon is over for our new method for him. He always says and doesn't mean things when he gets like that. But then when he calms down he never remembers all the ugliness. I am always praying that God will take the mental block away. It's really hard at times to deal with him. To be honest it can be exhausting. Wonder if I can truly the parent he needs. But I know God isn't going to allow me to have more then I can handle. But he does allow us to go through trials only to make us stronger. Let me tell you lots of " PRAYER" goes on in this house!

All I have ever wanted for him or any of my children is success. Having a child with Bi-polar with psychosis and Oppositional Defiant Disorder. It is so not pleasant I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy if I had one. It totally affects everyone in the house. Everything he does it trickles down to the girls. There are days like today I just think ok April you have 3.5 yrs left then he can be his own man and see how uneasy and unforgiving this world really is. Then I snap back into reality and realize Oh my goodness I need to nurture him and keep showing him love so he can function as an adult in the real world. It scares me to death at times. He is a great kid and has a great potential. If only I could get him to focus on other things rather then being a four wheeler and dirt bike racer and focusing on getting as much knowledge as his mind will let him. I tell him the sky is the limit and it keeps going on and on! It is up to us parents to keep loving our children and not giving up. Trust me that sometimes seems like it would be for the best.

Well after about 3 hours of his rough day. He joined the girls and I for schooling. It was kinda hard keeping girls focused at times when he was melting down. But we made it through it Thank you Jesus! Jon-Jon came out and apologized and started doing his work. He even offered to be the Creation study Teacher.  We learned about how God made water. He made water so things could sink and float. Jon-Jon did the experiment with the girls. Here is Todays Goals.


I am very proud of my son for he pulled himself together and then went out of his way to help teach and learn with his sisters. It turned out to be a great day after all. That's when I know I am doing what God wants me to. The girls helped me make biscuits and sausage gravy. It was a nice day to have a hardy breakfast dinner do to the cold weather.

"If you have reached the end of all the light that you know, and you are about to step into the darkness unknown, Faith can do one of two things...Either you will step onto solid ground or you will be taught to fly."  (Unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments it helps us make our Blogging better! It's like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get!